We have a wealth of experience on our staff which enables us to assist you with most any project you may have. Our extensive experience in residential and commerical new construction and remodeling allows us to tackle a wide variety of projects.
Our office features a conference room available for convenient customer meetings, and we employ a drafting and design team that will help make your project come to life. Additionally, our location within the Mankato Design Center means we can show you the products that will be going into your project.
- Prefer not to go through the Design Process? Pick one of our Pre-Designed plans and skip over the design
- Maybe you prefer some flexibility and choice but do not want to become overwhelmed with decisions? Our Semi Custom Home Build might be the right approach for you
- We offer full custom design for those who are willing to take a little more time to create a home that is perfect for your individual needs
- Need help locating a building lot, we can help with that and also have developed multiple communities (see neighborhoods)
- Is your project large and complex? We have the expertise on staff to be able to structurally evaluate your project to help you determine what is and is not possible. Whether you are looking to remove the roof and add another story above, or expand your home horizontally, our team can help you identify the best and most cost efficient route as well as designing the project
- Are you only looking to do a small project such as a new deck or bathroom remodel? Our designers can assist you with the design of whatever idea you have as well in mind, while we will also implement the project once designed
- Need help with financing your remodel, we work with a number of locan banks and financial institutions and can help you find the right one for your specific project.
It starts with the wide range of services we have available to our clients, we are truly a one stop shop. These iservices nclude a full time drafting staff providing custom drafting and design services, pre-designed and priced home plans for those looking to move faster, land and lots for sale in neighborhoods we have developed, construction expertise not only in new homes, but also large and small remodeling projects, as well as commercial construction. We also offer one stop shopping and product selection, professional interior design services and financial assistance.
1. Custom Drafting and Design: With most contractors, you need to go outside to locate an architect, lumberyard, or draftsman to design your custom home or remodel plan. With our Design / Build approach, we employ drafters and designers and will plan and design your entire project - . Whether you are designing a full new custom plan ro would prefer our semi-custom process with less decisions needed, we will develop the blueprints, 3D renderings (see example here), and all related design documents;
2. Pre-Designed and Priced Home Plans: We offer pre-designed plans with limited options for those looking for the convenience and ease of a pre-designed plan. These plans were professionally designed and each offer many exterior and interior options while saving you time and money;
3. Land Development: R Henry Constuction has developed a number of communities with lots available for sale, each one different from the other. If you are looking for lake access without paying the cost of a lakeshore lot, The Landing at Jefferson Lakes () may be right for you. The lots provide access to Lake Jefferson, with a marina where you can keep your boat, 150' of shared lakeshore, a shared beach house and patio, walking trails and much more, located about 20 minutes NE of Mankato on the Cape Horn Peninsula. Miller Creek () is located in Mankato within the East school district and features a variety of lots including creekside lots, pond lots and wooded lots. Eagle Bluff features lakeshore lots on beautiful Eagle Lake, a small lake 5 minutes from Mankato with wonderful wildlife and fishing. All lots in Eagle Bluff are over 2 acres and within 5 minutes from Mankato, an unbeatable combination.
4. Design Showroom and One-Stop Shopping: When you work with us, you get the additional benefit of the Mankato Design Center (www.mankatodesigncenter.com), which is a one of a kind, home product and interior design showroom located in Mankato, MN. You will not only have the convenience of a comfortable conference room to meet in about your project, but you will have access to interior design professionals as well as see, touch and feel the actual products that will go into your project;
5. Wide Variety of Construction Expertise: The experienced staff at R. Henry Construction has a wide range of construction expertise within both residential remodeling and new construction as well as commerical projects. Whether you are looking at a small remodel or a larger, more complex project, we can evaluate the project and help with all of your design and construction needs. Please view our Residential New Construction (here), Remodeling (here) and Commercial (here) photo galleries to get an idea of our range of construction expertise;
6. Interior Design Services While not all projects may require the help of an interior design specialist, we always have interior designers available to assist you with product and color selections, design ideas, and general input on your project. Our designers are eager to work with you to ensure the best possible outcome;
7. On-Site Warehouse and Shop: In addition to an office and showroom, we also have an on-site warehouse area and workshop within the same building. Our warehouse makes pickup and delivery of products convenient, while our shop allows for us to build and create the millwork, trim, and other accessories necessary to your project - promoting cost savings and job efficiency.;
8. Financing Assistance: We work closely with a few local banks and financial institutions who are able to help with the financing of your project. We understand that how the structure of the financing is habdled, can make or break whether a project is viable for you, so we address that upfront in the process and assist, if needed, in working with the right bank and/or appraiser for your projects needs, as not all banks are the same.
We always aim to make the process fun and enjoyable. Each job may be a little different - selecting a pre-designed home is different from custom designing a home from scratch - but our goal is to simplify and streamline teh process as much as possible
With many custom projects, the steps are basically as follows below. If you are interested in specifically the Custom Residential New Construction process (and financing options), you can download a pdf here. If you are interested in specifically the remodeling process (and financing options), you can download a pdf here.
Initial Consultation and Rough Estimate (No charge)
Step 1: Listening. We will have an initial discussion to get to know you and your goals. This can be over the phone or email for some very small projects, but is usually at our office for most projects. We will ask questions about your goals, family, schedule, budget, and vision for the project.
Step 2: Site Visit. Next is a visit to either your lot (new construction) or your home (remodel) to check on the existing conditions. We may have a few more questions at this time. We will also take measurements and pictures in an effort to help us evaluate the details (structural, aesthetic, practical) and make any recommendations based on what we see.
Step 3: Rough Estimate. Next we will prepare a rough 'estimate' for what we anticipate the cost of the project to run, and we may prepare some basic conceptual drawings/ideas for you. We will meet with you to go over the project, determine if the budget works, and how to phase the project - if necessary. Up until this point there is no cost to you.
Design and Bidding
Step 4: Design Development. Now the fun starts. We will work with you to develop very specific drawings of your project. This process can take only a couple days or sometimes a few months depending on the project. We will work closely with you during this phase to ensure we develop a design that you are excited about while staying true to your budget.
Step 5: Bidding. We know your budget, so the next step is to obtain comprehesive numbers from all the people involved in the job and finalize the plans. We will then meet with you and provide you with a breakdown of the cost of your project. If the numbers do come in a little higher than expected, we will likely recommend some design changes to accommodate your budget.
Construction and Warranty
Step 6 Start of Construction. The next step is the signing of the construction contract and the begnning of the actual construction project! We will put the job on our schedule and begin the permitting process. Your project manager will discuss with you the timelines, coordination and what to expect during the entire construction process in greater detail.
Step 7 Project Completion and Warranty. Now your project is complete and hopefully all challenges were met with a smile and a can-do attitude. We will always be there to work with you on any warranty items that may crop up over time. We are an experienced contrator and you can rest assured we will stand behind our product and take care of imperfections that may arise over time.
To get started on a project or ask questions, call 507-345-3007 or email us at email@example.com
R. Henry Construction provides a wide range of Residential and Commercial Design-Build Services including Custom New Home Construction, Pre-Designed homes and Model home building, Remodeling, Room Additions, Custom Kitchens and Bathrooms, creating new Master Bedroom suites, 4 season and Screen Porches additions, Basement fFnishing and Outdoor Living Spaces.
- CUSTOM NEW HOME BUILDING AND DESIGN (see here)
- PRE-DESIGNED NEW HOMES AND MODEL HOMES
- LAND DEVELOPMENT AND LOTS FOR SALE ()
- RESIDENTIAL REMODELING (see here)
- DESIGN AND DRAFTING SERVICES (see here)
- COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN (see here)
We are currently licensed to work in Minnesota and with offices in Mankato, MN. We are located in the Mankato Design Center (www.mankatodesigncenter.com), a regional design showroom, and will serve Southern Minnesota.
In general, we accept projects within a 100 mile radius of Mankato, with projects outside that area being considered on a job by job basis.
Some of the Primary Communities we serve include Mankato, North Mankato, St. Peter, Le Sueur, Le Center, Belle Plaine, Cleveland, Waseca, Nicollet, New Ulm, Sleepy Eye, Owatonna, Lake Crystal, Madelia, St. James, Butterfield, Mountain Lake, Fairmont, Albert Lea, Austin, Blue Earth, Fairmont, Eagle Lake, Madison Lake, Waterville, Elysian, Good Thunder, St Clair, Janesville, Mapleton, Amboy, New Richland, Faribault, Montgomery, Lonsdale, New Prague, Elko, Winthrop, Gaylord, Lafayette, Henderson, Springfield, Jordan, New Market, Northfield, Waldorf, Minnsota Lake, Vernon Center, Granada, Huntley, Wells, Freeborn, Redwood Falls, Morgan and Windom, as well as the following Southern Minesota counties: Blue Earth County, Brown County, Nicollet County, Le Sueur County, Waseca County, Watonwan County, Steele County, Sibley County, Faribault County, Freeborn County, Mower County, Rice County, Martin County, Redwood County, Jackson County, Renville County, Cottonwood County and Rice County.
We also serve the south Twins Cities South Metro area, including the cities of: Chaska, Belle Plaine, Carver, Waconia, Prior Lake, Savage, Shakopee, Lakeville, and the following metro counties: Scott County, Carver and Dakota Counties.
Our in house design and drafting team are all employees, as well as our project managers, framing crew, siding crew and millwork and finishing carpenters. As for subcontractors, we use only the top quality contractors in fields such as engineering, excavation, concrete, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, tile installation and painting.
We have been successful because of the team of professionals we've put together and understand the importance of relying on professionals who do the job right the first time.
We are happy to help you with all details of your project including lot selection and evaluation
If you currently have a lot in mind we are happy to go out and look at the lot, we can make recommendations as to whether the lot is buidable, any potential obstacles as well as suggestions for house placement.
An experienced designer is always available to help you to sort through the many design ideas, colors, and materials available.
It is up to you how much you wish to utilize the design help available.
Your own interior design preferences are always what will guide the process, while you have the option of collaborating with a Designer to help you with your choices.
One of our tasks when working together with you on a project will be to get an understanding of your budget and how you intend to pay for the work. We work with a number of local banks and have experience putting together financing packages for a variety of project types.
In general, if you are building a new home, you can usually assume you will need to put down a minimum of 5% of the cost of the project. This can be a little more or less depending on the circumstances. For a large major remodel, tapping into the current equity in your home, or the increased equity you will gain from the remodel through an upfront appraisal, is usually the primary source of financing and we work with some local banks that can help you with this process.
For smaller remodels under 50,000, we may be able to provide financing for you such as 12 month interest free loans or low interest remodel term loans. Additionally, we also accept all major credit cards.
Please feel free to call us if you have questions on your financing options.
As a Design-Build firm, at this time we limit our design and drafting services to clients who intend to build with us. This way we are able to focus all of our energy and resources towards projects we will be managing.
We do not currently have the Design and Drafting staff levels to be able to take on design only work.